At Translation from the Hellenic American College, combining rigorous translation training with a well-rounded education in translation theory, the Translation program of the Hellenic American College will help you acquire the analytical and technical skills, as well as linguistic and cultural competence that will be asked of you as a professional translator.
Strengths of the MAT Program
- Committed faculty who are teachers, researchers and professional translators
- Extensive practice on a wide range of texts such as technical, business, legal, EU texts and fiction
- Hands-on experience in Computer-Assisted Translation, Community Interpreting and Audiovisual Translation
- Small class size that ensures individual attention from your instructors
- Attention to terminology and terminography as an integral part of the translation competence
- Integrated approach to your professional development, including attention to technical skills, language proficiency, professional ethics and project management skills
- Strong links with the translation industry and class visits from project managers of translation firms
- Cooperation with the Terminology Coordination Unit of the European Parliament on terminology projects
As a graduate of the program, you’ll acquire the credentials needed to begin a career in the fields of translation, audiovisual translation and editing. You can reasonably expect to be employed as a freelance or in-house translator in translation agencies, multinational companies, law firms both in the public and private sector.
- Translation Studies
- Professional Trends in Translation
- Translation Principles & Practices / Practical I
- Language Analysis and Translation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting View 3 other Masters in Languages in Greece
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application Form for the Graduate Programs
- An undergraduate (or graduate in the case of the Ph.D. program) degree from an accredited college or university with at least a B (3.0) grade point average
- The University requires evidence of proficiency in English.
- Signed and sealed envelopes containing official transcripts from each college/university (graduate or undergraduate programs) previously attended.
- An up-to-date résumé;
- The required essay;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Two current passport-size photographs
- A copy of the applicant’s passport/National Identity Card
- A non-refundable application fee of 50€/$60
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.