Our Creative and Critical Writing MA is driven by the sense that the critical and the creative are necessarily intertwined. It has grown out of longstanding teaching and research interests in:
- creative writing
- cultural materialism
- queer theory.
At University of Sussex, you gain skills in critical assessment and written communication while also developing your abilities in problem solving and independent thinking. Creative and Critical Writing graduates often use these skills in careers in:
- libraries, teaching and consultancy
- media, marketing and events management.
Other graduates have gone on to do further research and work in academia.
- Creativity and Utopia
- Decolonising Modernism: 1850 to the Contemporary
- Psychoanalysis and Class
- Psychoanalysis and Creative Writing
- The Avant-Garde in North America: Creative and Critical Practice
- Voices in the Archives: Writing from History
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Creative Writing Literature View 220 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should typically be in a subject relevant to your chosen Masters course. In exceptional circumstances, if you don’t have the academic qualifications for the course, you may be considered if you can provide evidence of equivalent or professional artistic experience.
International18975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.