Candidates develop a range of skills, including independent thinking, project management, data analysis and critical thinking, as well as refined communication skills.
The Master of Health Sciences (Research) at Swinburne University of Technology fosters the development of independent research skills, making it ideal preparation for those looking to undertake further research through a PhD program and/or pursue a career in research.
Aims and objectives
As a student in this program you will develop knowledge of research methodology and techniques appropriate to your field of study, and experience in the application of such methodology by conducting a specified program of research under appropriate supervision. In addition, you will develop skills in analysing literature and engaging in debate in the substantive area of the thesis topic at an advanced level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Our supervisors’ specialities include, but are not limited to:
- Psychology (e.g. social, clinical, forensic, developmental, educational)
- Neuroscience (e.g. cognitive neuroscience, neuroimaging, neuromarketing, psychopharmacology, neurodegenerative disease, neurodevelopmental disorders)
- Health Sciences (e.g. digital health, health promotion, disabilities, chronic diseases, cardiovascular risks, physiology, sports and exercise science, sensory systems)
- Data Sciences (e.g. health analytics, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics)
- Health Professions (e.g. dietetics, nursing)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
DisciplinesPublic Health Educational Research Health Sciences View 243 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code 082697E
- You must have completed a three-year degree with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Other relevant experience will also be taken into account in assessing your application.
One of the following:
- minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0 or a TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 (with a reading band no less than 18 and writing band no less than 20); or Pearson (PTE) 58 (no communicative skills less than 50) no longer than 24 months before submitting your application
- satisfactory completion of Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- successful completion of a total of 24 months (full time equivalent) of formal study where the language of instruction and assessment was English at AQF level 7 or above (or equivalent) at an approved university no longer than 60 months before submitting your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38660 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38660 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.