You’ll work in an intellectually stimulating environment. Our research ranges from computer science to digital media to e-business. You’ll learn to:
- create and manipulate digital video
- build web-based distributed multimedia applications
- produce computer-generated animations
- develop interactive virtual environments.
Throughout the course, we emphasise the need to adopt a human-centred approach.
This courses is for you if you want to develop a career in the IT industry, research or academia. The course at University of Sussex is supported by the Media Technology Laboratory, which provides:
- state-of-the-art digital facilities
- software development tools
- multimedia content creation tools
- studio facilities and professional video-editing systems.
The Laboratory enables you to undertake practical work assignments using facilities that you would find in the modern digital media industry.
Our students are highly employable, with 95% of recent graduates’ job roles being at professional or managerial level.
Brighton is home to hundreds of digital media companies. Our graduates have gone on to pursue careers – based in Brighton and further afield – in:
- digital media
- web development
- games programming
- e-learning production
- 3D modelling.
Our Computing with Digital Media MSc is also an ideal entry point for PhD research in the field of digital media.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Video Production Techniques
- Visual Effects
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- Computing with Digital Media Project
- Live Video Production
- Mobile 3D Applications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 724 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: You are suited to this course if you have a qualification in computer science, mathematics or the natural sciences, or if you have a media degree and can demonstrate practical computing knowledge. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.