You’ll explore the opportunities, challenges and constraints in creating sustainable and low-carbon energy systems throughout the world. Our approach is interdisciplinary, practical and applied, providing you with the skills to analyse policy problems and to propose and evaluate viable policy solutions.
Energy Policy degree offered at University of Sussex gives you an essential foundation for careers in government, international organisations, the private sector and NGOs.
Why choose this course?
- Top in the world for Business and Economics
- 3rd in the UK for annual research income
- You’ll be based in the University of Sussex Business School, ranked among the top institutions in the UK for research in energy economics.
CareersWith the growing importance of energy on political, corporate and even social agendas around the world, there is increasing demand for energy policy professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy and Development
- Energy Policy and Sustainability
- Governing Energy Transitions
- Governing Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Industrial and Innovation Policy
- Innovation for Sustainability
- Introduction to Statistical Research Methods
- Managing Knowledge
- Network Analysis and Infographics
- Quantitative Methods for Science, Technology and Innovation Studies
- Transformative Innovation Policy for Inclusion
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Sustainable Energy View 120 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United Kingdom
You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements
Your qualification can be in any subject but undergraduate degrees in the social sciences, natural science, humanities or engineering are particularly suitable. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £12,450 per year for full-time students
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.