Candidates develop a range of skills, including independent thinking, project management, data analysis and critical thinking, as well as refined communication skills.
The Master of Business (Research) at Swinburne University of Technology fosters the development of independent research skills, making it ideal preparation for those looking to undertake further research through a PhD program and/or pursue a career in research.
Aims and objectives
As a student in this program you will develop knowledge of research methodology and techniques appropriate to your field of study, and experience in the application of such methodology by conducting a specified program of research under appropriate supervision. In addition, you will develop skills in analysing literature and engaging in debate in the substantive area of the thesis topic at an advanced level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master of Business (Research) degree is generally completed over a period of two years full-time or four years part-time. Candidates carry out a program of research, investigation or development involving the submission of a substantial major thesis of 50,000 – 60,000 words, which is the sole form of assessment for the degree.
- Throughout your candidature you will receive guidance and support from your research supervisors. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a number of research training sessions on topics such as thesis writing, publishing and presenting.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Educational Research International Business View 138 other Masters in International Business in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Swinburne University of Technology and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS code 046752B
- You must have completed a three-year bachelor degree at AQF level 7 (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 65% in the final year units of study. Other relevant experience will also be taken into account in assessing your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33980 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33980 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.