You’ll benefit from the applied research expertise of the Centre’s teams. Understand the molecular basis and cell biology of cancer and gain the skills required for a research career. You build your analytical and experimental experience and learn the necessary bioinformatics and experimental theory. Many of our teams get funding from the Medical Research Council and Cancer Research UK – the world’s leading independent funder of cancer research.
This Cancer Cell Biology MSc at University of Sussex provides you with a range of transferable skills, knowledge and opportunities to pursue a high-level career in industry, research or a range of other graduate careers in biological sciences.
As well as going on to PhDs at Sussex and elsewhere, and to research posts, our graduates have also moved into fields such as publishing and the charity sector.
Core modules include:
- Advanced Methods in Molecular Research
- Fundamentals of Cancer Cell Biology
- Practical Techniques in Cancer Cell Biology
- Current Topics in Research
- Life Sciences Masters Research Proposal
- Genome Stability, Genetic Diseases and Cancer
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Protein Form and Function
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 276 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a relevant science subject such as biology, cell biology or genetics. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.