This professionally accredited Applied Psychology (Clinical Psychology) course at Murdoch University provides you with the education required to complete the 2-year higher degree pathway towards an endorsement in clinical psychology. If you are already working as a registered psychologist, you’ll gain specialist skills in clinical practice through this course.
Clinical psychology focuses on a strict scientist-practitioner model that emphasises a systematic problem-solving approach that will prepare you with the skills you need for working with a diverse range of clients. You’ll learn how to apply your skills and knowledge in clinical psychology and work with individuals and groups across the lifespan.
You’ll learn through coursework, practicum, and research components, undertaking at least three practical placements to hone your skills in clinical psychology.
Psychologists are emerging as highly employable professionals in contemporary health services, given their strong grounding in effective interventions, solid assessment skills and their ability to devise and implement research. Clinical psychology remains the most popular specialisation within psychology both in Australia and internationally.
Employment growth for Clinical Psychologists is expected to be strong given the continued need for mental health services in the community.
You will be highly employable in a wide variety of areas, including private practice as a registered psychologist, and working in various public and private sector agencies in areas such as health, community mental health, justice, education, and disabilities.
This course is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) and is recognized by the Psychology Board of Australia and the College of Clinical Psychologists at the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychological Assessment: Theory and Method
- Clinical Psychology: Internal Practicum (Child, Youth and Family)
- Clinical Psychology: Internal Practicum (Adult)
- Clinical Psychology: Working with Children and Families
- Clinical Psychology: Neurodevelopmental & Neuropsychological Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Psychotherapy in Practice
- Clinical Psychology: Working with Health Problems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 19 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 079349G
- Complete or incomplete official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion – both original and English translated versions
- A letter from the Australian Psychological Society showing that your Bachelor of Psychology degree is comparable to an Australian 4-year Bachelor of Psychology degree
- A typed, signed 750-word Personal Statement
- English Language Proficiency Document (if available)
- A recent Curriculum Vitae
- Two referee reports - one academic and one personal
International32335 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32335 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use the university's Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
Studying at university is a life-changing experience that often requires some support. We're proud to offer a wide range of scholarships to commencing students from a range of backgrounds, which can be invaluable in enabling you to fully achieve your potential.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.