About this Degree
From an early stage in their career, engineers need to manage project progress and finances in professional environments. Projects can become increasingly complex, often involving overseas collaboration.
Building on Sussex’s strong foundation of interdisciplinary study, you’ll be taught jointly by the Department of Engineering and Design and the Department of Business and Management at the University of Sussex Business School. We combine advanced topics in business, management and finance with further study in specialist engineering topics.
Our courses are designed to meet employer demands – you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to compete effectively in the fast-paced world of work. We have strong links with industry and you’ll benefit from:
- company visits
- case studies
- a guest lecture series featuring international speakers and industry leaders.
Our Engineering Business Management course at University of Sussex is designed to meet the strong demand from engineering-based companies and organisations for their technical specialists to be proficient in project management, to understand the global business environment and to be capable of achieving leadership management positions.
The continued demand for highly qualified engineers worldwide means that – with the combination of technical, business and management knowledge you gain from this course – employment opportunities are available in a wide range of sectors including:
- transportation and automotive
- manufacturing and electronics
- energy supply and sustainable-energy industries
- banking and financial software
- telecommunications and control.
- Accounting for Decision Makers
- Global Business Environment
- Managing Organisations and Innovation
- Managing Complex Projects, Products and Systems
- Strategic Management (Business & Management)
- Marketing Analysis and Financial Strategic Planning
- Mobile Communications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Engineering Management View 880 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sussex and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in engineering, mathematics or physics. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.