The study program is based on courses in social sciences and religious studies. An essential part of the program is to give insight into the different ways by which religion is shaped by various local and regional social conditions. The program aims at developing the knowledge acquired at the bachelor's level, in order to give a more profound understanding of the relationship between religion and society in a global perspective.
Job opportunitiesThe Religion, Society and Global Issues program at the MF Norwegian School of Theology aims at providing education for positions within research and education, as well as within Norwegian and international institutions and organizations, where knowledge of religion in an international and global perspective is required. It is also relevant for positions of leadership within the public and private sector.
MF Norwegian School of Theology (1908) is an accredited Specialized University focusing on Theology, Religion, and Social Studies, located in Oslo.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Religion in the Public Sphere
- Religion, Culture and Global Issues
- Religion, Conflict and Reconciliation
- Scientific Method
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology International Development View 8 other Masters in International Development in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree or a period of study comparable with a Norwegian Bachelor's degree from a recognized Higher Education institution.Applicants who complete a bachelor degree before July 1st can apply, but the application will not be considered before the completed degree is documented with diploma and transcript of records.
- Bachelor degree consisting of Social Sciences and Theology/Religious Education, with an average grade equivalent to Norwegian C level (British Second class, upper division). All applicants must have a combination of at least 80 ECTS in one of the disciplines and at least 20 ECTS in the other discipline.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
No tuition fee
Application feeNOK 500 (equals approx. 60 USD)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.