You’re taught by academics and practitioners who are at the forefront of this rapidly changing sector.
We offer you training in banking, finance, management and accounting as well as an in-depth appreciation of the finance industry. You’ll develop your critical thinking and decision-making techniques, enabling you to appraise:
- bank operations
- corporate finance issues
- financial derivatives
- investment strategies
- quantitative techniques
- risk management models
- the latest developments in financial markets.
This course opens up a range of career opportunities including roles with banks, funds, regulators, consultancies and finance divisions of corporations or NGOs. We also offer internship opportunities, and guest speakers from the banking and finance industry.
On graduation, you’ll be ready to meet the complex demands of the modern workplace, and take your place as a professional in a knowledge-based, global economy.
This Banking and Finance MSc at University of Sussex helps you develop the managerial and technical analytical skills required in the private and public sectors. You’ll gain the essential skills and knowledge for a successful career in banking and finance in particular, and in business and management in general. This includes personal and transferable skills:
- critical thinking and analytical capacities
- communication and teamwork
- information retrieval and information technology.
- Bank Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Essential Quantitative Finance
- Financial Instruments
- Bank Risk Management
- Money and Banking
- Research Methods for Banking and Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Banking and Investment View 182 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
- You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above (including an average mark of at least 57%).
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should demonstrate evidence of ability in mathematics or quantitative-related areas. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.