- Our stimulating and challenging programme takes a comprehensive approach to understanding tourism and its relationships with the economy, environment and society, within a broad-based business context
- Learn from teaching that takes a real world approach to tourism that bridges the gap between theory and application, supported by guest speakers and field trips
- After graduation, you’ll be well placed to find positions within international tourism corporations and businesses as destination managers, marketers, consultants, and hotel and event managers as well as tourism development, planning and impact assessment roles in the private and public sectors.
Our Master’s programmes are designed to prepare you for a successful career, wherever in the world you plan to work. Employers expect advanced communication and technical skills, team-working and independent research, project-management and the very latest specialist knowledge from their postgraduate recruits.
An International Tourism Management programme at The University of Exeter will enable you to develop the tourism, management and professional skills and subject expertise that will make you a valuable asset from day one of your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tourism Business: Management, Impacts and Evaluation
- Tourism Research Methods
- Tourism and Marketing
- Independent Tourism Research Project
- Tourist Behaviour: Theory and Practice
- Sustainable Tourism Management
- Applied Tourism Project Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 100 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Exeter and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:2 with honours in any discipline from a recognised university. We do consider all applications where there is evidence of exceptional performance in modules relevant to the programme of study, significant relevant work experience or professional qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.