About this Degree
This Cosmology course at University of Sussex is one of only two MScs in this subject area in the UK. It’s for you if you have graduated from a physics- or applied mathematics-based degree with a substantial physics component and wish to learn how to apply your knowledge to cosmology.
The Department is a founder member of SEPnet, the South East Physics Network of physics departments, which supports vital research, teaching and development in the South East. The Astronomy Centre carries out world-leading research in many branches of theoretical and observational astrophysics. Our particular focus is on the early universe, and galaxy formation and evolution.
Most of our Cosmology graduates have gone on to study for a research degree in a closely related field.
- General Relativity
- Quantum Field Theory
- Data Analysis Techniques
- Further Quantum Mechanics
- Programming in C++
- Programming through Python
- Stellar & Galactic Astrophysics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 206 other Masters in Physics in United Kingdom
- You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in a physics-, mathematics- or astronomy-based subject or a subject with significant mathematical or physical content, including calculus, differential equations, mechanics, electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.