Whether you’re a manager in the philanthropy and not-for-profit sector, working in government in a policy-making capacity, or dedicated to corporate responsibility and social innovation in the private sector, the MA-SI will provide you with the core capabilities needed to lead people effectively in a rapidly changing social economy and business environment.
Taught through the Centre for Social Impact Swinburne, you’ll benefit from interactive learning and access to world-class researchers and academics. Accelerate your knowledge with deep discussions as you share your experiences with fellow students, hear first-person contemporary case-studies and gain rare insights from industry experts.
Graduates of the Master of Social Impact at Swinburne University of Technology find careers in the philanthropy and not for profit sectors, social enterprise, corporate responsibility in the private and public sectors.
Aims and objectives
Upon successfully completing the Master of Social Impact, students will be able to:
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of social impact concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use basic tools and practices of social impact within project work
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, accountability, respect and an awareness of professional practices and cultural norms in a global and sustainable context
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Opportunity Discovery, Creativity and Design
- Corporate Responsibility and Accountability
- Leadership for Social Impact
- Social Impact: Entrepreneurs and Social Innovation
- Social Investment and Philanthropy
- Evaluation and Impact Measurement
- Strategic Philanthropy
- Social Venture Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 60 other Masters in Social Work in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 095609C
- a recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience or
- completion of the Postgraduate Qualifying Program PLUS a minimum of three years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience (International applicants only)
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40200 AUD per year during 18 months.
National33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.