The innovative Ethics in Fashion (Communication, Consumerism and Sustainability) programme at Heriot-Watt University is research-led, and focuses on analyzing the industry, whilst also exploring changes in practice and the diversity of stakeholders in the supply chain.
It’s aimed ethically-aware graduates, and established professionals, with a background in fashion, textiles, design, source management and corporate affairs. The course offers you the chance to refresh and extend your current knowledge and skills, using the outstanding fashion and textile facilities.
- Analyze the ethics in supply-chain practice
- Speculate on, and develop, effective methods of communicating ethics
- Identify and map outcomes and consequences of unethical and ethical practice
- Speculate and apply new criteria within the supply-chain
- Analyze the motivations and roles of consumers in the ethics discourse and practice
- Identify best practice models across the traditional fashion and textiles industries, social enterprise and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Research independently the role of ethics in fashion practice and theory
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ethics in the Fashion Supply Chain
- Fashion Management
- Research Methodologies
- Communicating Ethics
- Brand Management
- Business Enterprise
- Consumer Motivations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 115 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
- You should hold a good (first or second class) Honours degree or its non-UK equivalent in a relevant subject from a recognised British or Overseas University.
- In addition, work or project experience in a related company role will be taken into consideration as part of the application process.
International14960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14960 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7168 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7168 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time fees:
Scotland / Non-UK EU: £3,584
England / Northern Ireland / Wales: £3,584
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.