Our MSc in Economics, Banking and Finance from Heriot-Watt University will give you the chance to develop specialist expertise across three inter-connected and highly influential subject areas. The degree is informed by recent developments in Heriot-Watt’s sector leading research in Economics and Finance.
- As Heriot-Watt University is situated on the edge of Edinburgh, we have excellent links to the financial sector of Scotland’s capital city, the UK’s second biggest financial and economics hub. We also have close ties to the London Stock Exchange and Bloomberg which provide excellent industry-focused learning opportunities.
- This masters degree in Economics, Banking and Finance is designed to give you practical, specialist knowledge whilst fine-tuning your professional skills, your research skills and your advanced communication skills. During this course, you will lead on an independent research project of your own and gain insight into the world of international finance.
- International Banking and Money Markets
- International Banking Institutions and Regulatory Frameworks
- International Finance
- Advanced Economics Policy
- Capital Markets
- Principels of Environmental and Energy Economics
- Corporate Finance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Banking and Investment View 190 other Masters in Banking and Investment in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Heriot-Watt University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A good Honours degree (first or second class) or its non-UK equivalent in a relevant subject from a recognised British or overseas university.
International17304 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17304 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK/EU: £3,888
- Overseas: £8,652
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.