Why study MSc Computer Animation & Visual Effects at BU?
- Apply technical, mathematical, and algorithmic skills to develop tools to aid in the production of animation and games artefacts
- Apply software to develop techniques in C++ to test new algorithms, write shaders to support rendering, and develop scripts and tools to create new effects
- Attend visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Collaborate with students across the NCCA Master’s courses providing a realistic setting to discover what it’s like working with other creative people and to a strict timescale
- Undertake a Masters project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry-standard facilities including animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software including Maya and Houdini.
The Computer Animation and Visual Effects course from Bournemouth University is well regarded within the industry and based on previous years, the employment prospects for postgraduates are excellent.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Simulation and Rendering
- Animation Software Engineering
- CGI Tools
- CGI Techniques
- Group Project
- Pipeline and Technical Direction
- Master’s Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 152 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. A portfolio is also required in support of your application. For more information see our full entry requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.