Study Urban Infrastructure Systems at New York University
These systems have to be continuously adapted and upgraded (often with technology-driven solutions) to efficiently support the essential public services, urban development and economic growth.
The infrastructure systems support a variety of urban sectors, including transportation, energy & water supply, sanitation & wastewater management, and other essential services. Their sustainable development engages a wide variety of public and private sector stakeholders and greatly depends on a broad range of factors, such as public policy objectives, land use and geo-physical system characteristics, regulatory requirements, and other variables. Both Government and Industry presently face increasing needs for innovative capabilities of dynamic monitoring and “smart” system control to effectively meet the challenge of upgrading the aging urban infrastructure systems.
With specialized faculty members from Government, Industry and Academia, the Urban Infrastructure Systems MSc program from New York University is designed for professionals, with both engineering and non-engineering backgrounds, who are involved and/or interested in the fast growing inter-disciplinary field of urban systems management and career opportunities with government agencies, public and private sector utilities, and service industries across the wide array of the metropolitan sectors.
New York University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Infrastructure Planning, Engineering and Economics
- Urban Systems Engineering
- Management of Transit Maintenance and Operations
- Intelligent Transportation Systems and Their Applications
- Travel Demand Forecasting
- Project Management for Construction
- Construction and the Law
- Contracts and Specifications
- Construction Management and Planning
- Environmental Systems Management
- Modeling Fate and Transport of Surface Water Pollution
- Air Pollution
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Performance Assessment
- Bridge Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management Studies Urban Planning View 285 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International63060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 USD per credit during 12 months.
National63060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.