What you will study
At the School of Engineering, our program has an urban environmental systems emphasis and it is unique in concentrating on many challenges that New York City and major cities of the world face.
The Environmental Engineering MSc program from New York University prepares graduates to plan, functionally design, control, operate and manage municipal and industrial pollution-prevention systems. Students are exposed to a learning atmosphere that provides a mix of theory and practical problem-solving approaches.
The flexible course options and student research projects offer a variety of opportunities. Areas of research and scholarly activities supported by some of the best faculty in NYC include environmental systems management, monitoring, sensing, and visualization, water security, flood risk management, conflict resolution, river water quality modeling, groundwater modeling, solid and hazardous waste management, contamination remediation, climate change studies, and development of decision support systems and GIS based applications.
- Environmental Chemistry & Microbiology
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Groundwater Hydrology and Pollution
- Environmental Systems Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 651 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- To be granted admission to the MS. in Environmental Engineering degree program at Tandon School of Engineering, an applicant should holds a B.S. degree in a related engineering discipline (e.g., environmental, civil, chemical, mechanical, etc.) from an accredited college in the United States or a recognized institution of higher learning abroad and has attained an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0/4.0
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International58290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58290 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National58290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58290 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.