Businesses, governments and communities are taking on the practical challenges that come with creating a sustainable future. Innovation is a big part of overcoming these challenges thinking differently, and finding new ways to reconcile the needs of people and businesses with those of our planet.
Sustainable development is now a mainstream agenda, with implications for every area of society:
- Businesses and organisations ensuring sustainability informs every aspect of their operations, from the environmental and social impacts of product design, logistics, manufacturing and waste management, to communicating with shareholders, the workforce and consumers.
- Governments, policy makers and NGOs to create the frameworks of innovation that will ensure pro-sustainability changes.
- Individuals making better choices about things like food sourcing and waste, to energy use, transport and buying goods and services.
Careers / Further study
This Sustainable Development in Practice course at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) offers the blend of skills, knowledge and thinking to develop your career in a wide range of private and public sector businesses and organisations.
You might choose to lead change in multi-national corporations, international organisations, national, regional and local governments, or to plan and implement sustainable development with organisations in specialist sectors, such as business, environmental or project management, or in planning, transport, construction, waste or energy.
You could get involved in campaigning, development or aid work, or as an advisor in bodies such as the UN, EU or the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Or you might want to help develop government policy, set up your own consultancy, go on to a PhD, or go into teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Development: Principles and Practice
- Creating Sustainable Behaviour Change
- The Sustainable Organisation: Vision into Practice
- Communications Campaigns: Creative Approaches and Tools
- Work-Based Learning in Sustainability and Environmental Management
- Master's Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Sustainable Development View 108 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United Kingdom
- We normally require an honours degree of 2.2 or above.
- We can consider applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirement, but who do have relevant professional experience or qualifications. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications.
International1146 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1146 GBP per module during 12 months.
National667 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 GBP per module during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.