The Master of Engineering (Maritime Design) at University of Tasmania is particularly suited to students who wish to open up career opportunities throughout the maritime industry and further postgraduate study.
Our postgraduate maritime engineering programmes provide engineering graduates with in-depth exposure to a wide range of subjects relevant to the development and procurement of marine systems.
The Maritime Design programme is constructed for engineering graduates not yet in the work force wanting to raise their knowledge in advanced engineering practice and research. It is also available to current Engineers who wish to gain knowledge in the Maritime sector.
All programmes lead on to greater employment and higher degree study opportunities through industry relevant research projects.
International students looking to gain work experience in Australia post-study, are encouraged to apply for this programme.
The Master of Engineering degree is targeted at engineering professionals already in the workforce, who wish to pursue, or develop a career in the technical management of maritime engineering projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Propulsion Systems
- Ship Design
- Principles of Naval Architecture
- Management of Engineering Projects
- Modelling and Simulation of Marine Systems
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Hydrodynamics
- Data Analysis and Presentation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesDesign Marine Engineering View 92 other Masters in Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Master of Engineering (Maritime Design) programme is a full four year Australian Bachelor of Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- For international students, English language requirements are at least an IELTS score of 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34544 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69088 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.