The Medical Ultrasound course at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is designed to produce clinically competent advanced practitioners, who will be able to meet the needs of the service in a changing health care environment.
The course was planned in full consultation with a wide range of relevant professionals from the South West region, who are experts in the field of diagnostic ultrasound or associated clinical specialisms. These experts are instrumental in the delivery of the course, along with experienced educationalists from within the University.
Careers / Further study
Once you have completed this course you will have the knowledge and skills to practice in a safe and competent manner, a recognised qualification in ultrasound, the educational and research base to critically evaluate and inform ultrasound practice, the opportunity for inter-professional collaboration and shared learning, and an understanding of the contribution of ultrasound to the overall management of the patient.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Ultrasound Technology
- Professional Issues in Ultrasound
- Contemporary Advances in Ultrasound Technology
- Health and Social Care Research: Methods and Methodologies
- Masters Dissertation
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine View 947 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants normally have a good honours first degree from a recognised institution of higher education, and a relevant registered health care qualification.
- However, the University recognises that students seeking professional development may have alternative qualifications and experience.
- The acceptance of applicants with non-standard qualifications will be in accordance with the University's Accreditation of (Experiential) Learning procedure.
- Applicants should be eligible for registration by their respective UK regulatory body e.g. HPC, GMC, UKCC.
International1208 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1208 GBP per module during 36 months.
National742 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 742 GBP per module during 36 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.