You will examine the key legal principles and rules underpinning the international legal system, and develop a contextual and critical understanding of key issues in contemporary international law. The depth and breadth of study will equip you well for working either in international law or international organisations.
Careers / Further study
Studying for International Law from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) provides an ideal opportunity to develop specialist skills that will be favoured by employers, both in the legal world and beyond. It opens up a range of career opportunities and gives our students the edge over other graduates.
The in-depth knowledge you will acquire in a particular area of law will give you a thorough grounding in the subject area and raise your employability prospects, enabling you to become a specialist within your organisation. It is for this reason that many of our LLM graduates choose to go on to complete a PhD or go into teaching and research.
Given the increasingly transnational nature of law, this course is designed to provide you with knowledge and skills which will be attractive to employers both in the UK and beyond. Recent graduates from Bristol Law School have gained positions in local government, solicitors firms, the Ministry of Defence and other organisations including Marks and Spencer plc, Direct Line and Lloyds TSB.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Research Project
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- European Environmental Policy and Law
- Globalisation and the Law
- International Employment Law
- International Environmental Law
- International Human Rights Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Public Law View 278 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above in Law; or
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above plus a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) or the Common Professional Examination (CPE); or
- An honours degree of 2:2 or above in a related subject (such as business, politics or international relations) and/or relevant experience: please give full details in your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Home Module Fee (15 Credit) 646GBP
- Offshore Module Fee (15 Credit) 1167GBP
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.