Why study MA Directing for Film and Television at BU?
Learn from media professionals who have expertise and experience of working in the industry
Collaborate with the producing, scriptwriting, cinematography, sound and editing students to create a showcase of your skills as a visual, creative storyteller
- Benefit from regular guest speakers. Previous visitors include Hollywood Screenwriter, Misan Sagay; Ian Bignell and Katie Mccullough, of Festival Formula; Jutsin Edgar, Film Director; and Screenwriter Peter Fellows
- This intense course allows you to understand and manage the entire creative production process, from planning and pre-visualisation, through to working on location and overseeing creative post-production work
- Use your final production project to showcase the skills you've developed to mastermind your own collaboration and use it as your calling card to industry
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
Skilled professionals who can understand and create moving images suited to a rapidly changing industry are highly sought after. Our students graduate as lifelong learners and reflective practitioners, and the combination of practical and theoretical study means graduates are well-equipped for success.
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing a Directorial Vision
- Crafting Visual Stories
- Approaches to Industry
- Media Production Masters Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Theatre & Dance View 565 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.