- You can further develop interdisciplinary approaches by taking a module outside the Department of Theology and Religion, with the agreement of the programme director
- Throughout your studies you will benefit from access to the department’s extensive resources and enjoy a close working relationship with our exceptional academic staff
- You will learn to understand other people’s viewpoints, to communicate and debate effectively, to work independently and as part of a group, all skills essential for the workplace
The Theology programme from The University of Exeter is excellent preparation for a research degree in Theology if you choose to take your studies on to doctoral level. Many of our students find our MA in Theology an excellent way of furthering their career or opening up new job prospects.
Our MA will deepen your understanding of Theology and bring you up to date with the latest developments in the field. The skills you will develop are highly relevant regardless of the path you take. You will learn to understand other people’s viewpoints, to communicate and debate effectively, to work independently and as part of a group. We will encourage you to use your own initiative and keep an open mind while training you in a range of academic, personal and professional skills. Some of our recent graduates have gone on to work in a variety of related fields such as:
- Assistant Curate
- Chaplains Assistant
- Junior Pastoral Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
- Ministry Trainee
- Publicity and Fundraising Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Proposal in Theology
- Research Skills in Theology
- Approaches to Biblical Studies
- Reception of Christian and Jewish Traditions
- Theology, Ethics and Public Issues
- Elements of New Testament Greek
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Literature View 250 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2:1 Honours degree in Theology or a related subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year:
- UK: £4,750
- International: £10,000
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.