As a health psychologist, you'll provide valuable insights to a range of activities, and your skills will be highly sought-after in roles across the NHS, in private practice and in the charitable sector.
You may be providing psychological assessment and support in acute care situations, managing the psychological care and rehabilitation of people with chronic illnesses, or getting involved in health promotion activities including smoking cessation and dietary management.
There are also opportunities, after the MSc Health Psychology from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol), to go on to academic teaching and research positions.
Careers / Further study
Graduates have gone on to a variety of careers in the NHS and private sectors, helping individuals, groups and wider society reap the benefits of an advanced understanding the links between psychology and health.
The skills and knowledge you'll have gained through this programme will be highly sought-after, and opportunities will arise in a range of roles.
For example, as a trainee Health Psychologist, as an advisor on health promotion, pain management, smoking cessation initiatives, Public Health matters and mental health issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Health, Stress and Cognition
- Bio-psychosocial Perspectives on Health
- Conducting and Evaluating Psychological Research
- Dissertation in Psychology
- Applications and Professional Skills in Health Psychology
- Health Psychology In Action
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
- Postgraduate Certificate - 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120 credits
- MSc - 180 credits
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1702 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- You must have a minimum 2:1 honours degree in Psychology or a closely related discipline. In exceptional circumstances, applicants with substantive relevant work experience or further training and a strong academic background will be considered, however we are unable to accept applicants without an undergraduate degree in psychology or a closely related discipline.
- We particularly welcome graduates with appropriate experience in health psychology, and those who have been employed as health or related settings are encouraged to apply.
International1208 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1208 GBP per module during 12 months.
National662 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.