- Develop advanced research skills and specialist methodologies for the use and analysis of a range of forms of textural and material evidence
- Tailor your programme by choosing a selection of modules to match your interests or select one of our pathways and have the specialism named in your degree title
- Our academics are all active researchers who consistently attract funding from external resources including Leventis, Levenhulme, the WellcomeTrust and the Arts and Humanities Research Council
During your time with us you will have a developed an excellent range of skills in logical thinking, interpreting, analysing and evaluating information, and communication. A range of options will be open to you, you might take a career path in a related area such as museum and cultural heritage work or teaching. Alternatively you might choose to pursue a different profession using your relevant skills, perhaps joining the Civil Service or working in business, law or management.
- Classics Teacher
- Client Executive
- Executive Search Researcher
- Human Resources Adviser
- Legal Assistant
- Personal Incident Manager
- Producer of West End Shows
- Project Manager
- Property Manager
- Publishing Assistant
- Quality Controller
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dissertation in Classics and Ancient History
- Research Skills in Classics, Ancient History and Theology
- The City of Rome
- Supervised Independent Study in the Humanities
- Ancient Texts and their Interpretation
- Classical Reception
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We close to applications wishing to join us for study in 2022/2023 on Friday 16 September. We advise international applicants to submit a complete application by mid-July.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History General Studies & Classics View 642 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in a related subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year:
- UK: £4,600
- International: £10,000
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.