The pathways you can take are:
- Pathway in American Literature & Culture
- Pathway in Comparative Literature & Criticism
- Pathway in Literature of the Caribbean & its Diasporas
- Pathway in Critical Theory
- Pathway in Modern Literature
- Pathway in Romantic & Victorian Literature & Culture
- Pathway in Shakespeare: Early & Modern
These enable you to combine theoretical angles with the close reading of a wide range of texts, from different media (literary, film, visual), periods, and cultural, geographic and linguistic backgrounds – though all texts will be studied in English, in English translation, or with English subtitles.
CareersGraduates of the Literary Studies programme at the Goldsmiths, University of London have gone on to pursue careers in:
- public relations
- the civil service
- the media
- Studies in Comparative Literature & Criticism
- Theories of Literature & Culture
- Modern Literary Movements
- Literature of the Caribbean & it Diasporas
- American Literature & Culture: Critical & Theoretical Concepts
- Nineteenth-Century Literature: Romanticisms
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you haven't finished your current programme of study.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Literature View 420 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
Before submitting your application you’ll need to have:
- Details of your education history, including the dates of all exams/assessments
- The email address of your referee who we can request a reference from, or alternatively an electronic copy of your academic reference
- A personal statement – this can either be uploaded as a Word Document or PDF, or completed online
- If available, an electronic copy of your educational transcript (this is particularly important if you have studied outside of the UK, but isn’t mandatory)
- An essay (written in English), as an example of your academic writing
International16600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8620 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/EU - part-time: £4310per year
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.