The Biomedical Science course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is ideally suited to those with an undergraduate degree in Biomedical Science or other degrees that have a significant amount of human biology or biomedical content, as well as medical, dental or veterinary degrees and some biotechnology degrees depending on what modules you studied at undergraduate level.
Careers / Further study
Graduates from this course have gone on to employment in the healthcare sector, teaching and academia, with many going on to take PhDs in the biomedical sciences.
Our award-winning careers service helps you develop your employment potential through career coaching, a vacancy service for internships, placements, jobs, global opportunities, volunteering and community activity plus support for entrepreneurial activity, and access to employer events.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Issues in Biomedical Sciences
- Practical Skills for Biomedical Science
- Research and Diagnostic Methodologies
- Advanced Topics in Biomedical Science
- Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120 credits
- MSc - 180 credits
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 275 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An honours degree awarded by a UK institute of higher education (at least 2:2), in a relevant subject, with significant biological, biochemical or biomedical content related to the vocational specialist subject to be studied;
- Qualifications deemed equivalent by the course leader.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14750 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.