You will develop your knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance, while also enhancing your critical thinking, research and analytical skills. During the Accounting and Financial Management course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol), you will:
- analyse and solve complex problems relating to financial reporting, performance measurement and management, corporate strategy and financial management
- be encouraged to think critically and creatively about problems requiring a multi-disciplinary approach
- develop in-depth knowledge in a specialist topic you have chosen for your dissertation
- enhance your key personal skills in time management, information accessing, analysis and interpretation
- develop your interpersonal, communication and management skills through team working, making presentations and writing reports.
Careers / Further study
The skills and knowledge developed on this course provide you with a wide range of opportunities in finance and accounting-related careers.
Many of our graduates choose to specialise further by going on to study for the CIMA or ACCA qualifications and becoming chartered accountants.
A proficiency in accounting and financial management, as well as an appreciation of the contemporary issues faced by financial managers, can enable you to progress to senior positions, such as business analyst, finance director, investment analyst, financial reporting manager, chief accountant and head of risk management.
The course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Governance and Strategy
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Advanced Corporate Reporting
- Research Methods in Accounting and Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Postgraduate Certificate - 60 credits
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120 credits
- MSc - 180 credits
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Accounting View 853 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
You will need:
- an honours degree of 2:2 or above in Accounting and Finance; or
- an honours degree of 2:1 or above in Economics, Mathematics or a Business related subject.
International1125 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1125 GBP per module during 12 months.
National813 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 813 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.