Unravel economic complexities with advanced mathematics
In the Econometrics (Econometrics) programme of the University of Amsterdam, you will dive into the advanced mathematics behind economic complexity. This track deals with modelling, estimation and testing of economic models using micro, macro and financial data as well as parametric and non-parametric techniques appropriate for cross section, time series and panel data.
- Prepare for a career in one of the most-sought after professions in the world today.
- Become fluent in the application of advanced mathematical and statistical methods.
- Specialise in econometric theory, panel data and micro- and financial econometrics.
Why choose the Econometrics track?Beside the 4 general courses of the MSc Econometrics in your curriculum, you will have 4 courses with focus on the advanced mathematics behind economic complexity.You will be lectured by professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of econometric theory, panel data and micro- and financial econometrics.After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect as e.g. risk management consultant or chief economist.
- Asset Pricing
- Complex Economic Dynamics
- Machine Learning for Econometrics
- Behavioural Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Econometrics View 48 other Masters in Econometrics in Netherlands
- You need to hold an academic Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Econometrics
- If you do not have a Bachelor's or Master's in Econometrics, you need to have proven knowledge of the following topics at an advanced level: Econometrics, Time series analysis, Game theory, Microeconomics, macroeconomics and finance
- You must also have proven knowledge in the following topics at a level comparable to an academic mathematics degree: Probability and mathematical statistics, Linear algebra, Calculus/analysis
- English language proficiency
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Motivation letter
International15375 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15375 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.