The Master of Professional Accounting (Specialisation) from University of Tasmania is primarily designed for graduates with an undergraduate degree, from disciplines other than accounting, to develop skills to meet the entry requirements necessary for Associate Membership of the professional accounting bodies whilst also acquiring specialist skills in an area of their choice.
You develop skills to question and find solutions by applying your technical knowledge and ability to research authentic situations in the accounting context plus a specialist area.
You also learn to interact within diverse groups and communicate your findings to both accountants and non-accountants through the most appropriate method.
This course offers participants from different academic and experiential backgrounds the opportunity to specialise in accounting for professional recognition purposes.
Accounting is often cited as the language of business.
People with accounting skills are in high demand in the business and corporate world embracing areas such as finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, banking and information systems, and such skills are increasingly important to groups performing an overview function such as directors.
Course accredited by: CPA Australia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Perspectives and Research
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Audit and Assurance
- Australian Tax Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Economics and Statistical Analysis
- Financial and Corporate Accounting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEconomics Accounting Forensic Accounting View 99 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For entry to this course, you need to have:
- an undergraduate or Masters degree in a non-accounting discipline, or equivalent, from an approved tertiary institution; or
- a Graduate Certificate in Business Studies, or equivalent, from an approved tertiary institution; or
- qualifications, relevant work experience or other special circumstances, as approved by the Executive Dean or delegated authority.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36579 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73158 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee but this fee is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.