About the program
Our programs are structured with classes offered in the evening to serve non-traditional students, including working professionals. Consequently, all graduate classes on the UW Bothell campus meet twice a week, after 5 pm. While you are welcome to work while enrolled in the program, please note that because the programs are rigorous, it is beneficial to have the ability to adjust your work schedule to allow more focus on your studies during periods when your academic workload intensifies.
The Cultural Studies program of the University of Washington Bothell is the first graduate program in the Pacific Northwest, and one of very few programs nationally, to partner the interdisciplinary study of art and culture with a community-based learning network. The program offers students multiple opportunities to develop and document educational experiences and professional skills suited to their individual career goals.
- Formations in Cultural Studies
- Engaging Cultural Studies
- Prisons, Politics, and Activism
- Topics in Media and Culture: Media, Power, and Practice
- Regulating Sexuality: Activism, Policy, and Everyday Life
- Discourse and Resistance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Priority Deadline for Autumn is February 1.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts General Studies & Classics View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- engage in cultural studies research
- contribute to a diverse learning community
- negotiate difference self-reflectively
- engage critically, creatively, and collaboratively
- align with the specific resources and emphases of our program.
International33513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33513 USD per year during 24 months.
National33513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33513 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State18898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18898 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.