It is the nucleus of the postgraduate teaching program at the ARC Centre of Excellence in Ore Deposits (CODES) and forms part of the National Minerals Geoscience Masters Program.
Only students that can provide evidence of financial and logistical support, and provide a research proposal will be considered for full-time admission.
Students that are considering taking the course on a full-time basis must contact the program co-ordinator, Dr Rob Scott to discuss their plans.
Course objectives are to increase and update the knowledge and skills required by geoscientists for the exploration and exploitation of mineral deposits.
These objectives are accomplished through completion of six short courses and an in depth research project OR eight short courses. The courses will cover a spectrum of topics relevant to the exploration mining industries.
This course is for geoscientists who want to increase their knowledge and skills, while gaining a thorough up-date of advances across the spectrum of economic geology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ores in Magmatic Arcs
- Volcanology and Mineralisation in Volcanic Terrains
- Ore Deposit Geochemistry, Hydrology and Geochronology
- Exploration in Brownfield Terrains
- Ore Deposit Models and Exploration Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEconomics Earth Sciences View 18 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor of Science with Honours is the normal entry qualification. However, for students without this qualification the entry requirements will depend on whether the applicants come from a professional industry background.
Applicants from industry without a Bachelor of Science with Honours degree will require the following:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Science (Applied); and
- A minimum of two years' experience working as a professional geologist in industry or a government institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34544 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69088 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.