Providing a two year study option will enable students to study and develop a wider range of specialist knowledge in these industries.
The maritime and logistics industries are at the forefront of international trade and are exciting, dynamic and challenging industries in which to work. The Master of Business Administration (Advanced) (Maritime and Logistics Management) from University of Tasmania equips managers to develop solutions for complex issues faced by both domestic and international business activities. It provides practical and applied knowledge suitable for both higher level professional and managerial roles. Units studied include both specialised units, such as port management and business logistics in addition to more traditional MBA units such as strategic management and finance. The course provides an opportunity to enhance your managerial knowledge, skills and analytical abilities to assist your career progression to more senior roles.
The organisations connected with the maritime and logistics industries are very diverse, including for instance large private companies, entrepreneurial start-ups and government entities. The diversity creates many opportunities for your career progression, both globally and domestically. For example, the maritime industry includes ports, shipping companies, stevedores and tourism and the logistics industry encompasses warehousing, road freight, air freight, freight forwarding and distribution. Additionally, many organisations may have a primary focus on manufacturing or international business, which will necessitate that they have internal departments involved in logistics, supply chain management and international trade, creating more opportunities. With logistics the fastest growing industry globally, there are many possibilities for you to choose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Finance for Decision-Making
- Business Logistics
- Port Management and Strategy
- Maritime Law
- Maritime Economics for Managers
- International Maritime Policy
- Research MethodsDetails
- International TradeDetails
- International Human Resource ManagementDetails
- Knowledge Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that international students should apply at least 3 months prior and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to the start date.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 328 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS Code: 081320B
Course Specific Requirements
- An Australian bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least two years' work experience or,
- A Graduate Certificate in Maritime and Logistics Management; or,
- A professional qualification such as a Certificate of Competency as a Master Class 1
- (Unlimited) or Chief Engineer and at least two years' work experience; or,
- If a first degree or professional qualification is not held, candidates may apply to the
- Department of Maritime and Logistics Management for consideration as a candidate. These applicants are assessed on their work experience, current managerial responsibilities and any other qualifications; a GMAT assessment may be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36070 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 72141 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.