On completing the Tropical Neurology and Infectious Diseases programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, students will possess the competencies required to deal with this group of patients, both within the context of general neurology and in more specialised units. Thus, another of the aims of the course is to provide people trained in related areas with the knowledge they need to understand the diagnostic and therapeutic reasoning underlying these pathologies.The course seeks to optimise the training of professionals on different levels of the healthcare pyramid, without neglecting aspects related to the training of basic or clinical researchers who need to complete their know-how so that they can approach their research from a nosological point of view.
Training appears to play a key role in the healthcare pyramid and must cover a whole spectrum of aspects including correct differential diagnoses among disorders, the screening of other conditions at the levels of primary and internal medicine (as well as paediatric and geriatric) and the ordinary follow-up of outpatients, in addition to interdisciplinary care in a general neurology clinic and in specialised units.
Hence, this Master's Course covers a series of issues involving the problems associated with the symptomatic-diagnostic nuclei of patients and the use of currently available technologies, such as quality of life analysis and a whole array of pharmacological to surgical therapeutic procedures.
Tropical Neurology is one of the fastest growing fields of Neurology and has experienced a major paradigm shift in recent years. This is largely due to widespread migration and the phenomenon of globalisation.
As a result, it is becoming increasingly important, from a practitioner’s standpoint, to gain a mastery of how to diagnose and manage these pathologies from a multidisciplinary perspective, which is only available at top-level centres.
For this reason, we believe it is crucial to provide professionals training led by internationally renowned experts.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Tropical Epidemiology
- Bacterial infections of the CNS
- Infections by Protozo
- Slow infections. CNS Mycosis. Prion Diseases
- Particularities of neurological diseases in tropical regions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 3 other Masters in Human Medicine in Spain
- Two passport size colour photos.
- Photocopy of ID card or passport.
- Updated curriculum vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Authenticated photocopy of any other university qualifications, including postgraduate degrees.
- If the original documents are in a language other than Spanish, then the applicant must also submit a copy of the university qualification and the academic transcript translated into Spanish.
- Original legalised photocopy of the university certificate.
- Original legalised photocopy of the academic transcript of the university studies completed by the student.
- Certificate issued by the home university stating that the qualification entitles the holder to undertake postgraduate studies in the country where it was issued.
International2940 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2940 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2940 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2940 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.