The Graduate Diploma of Maritime and Logistics Management is an ideal management course for people wishing to acquire specific management skills appropriate for the maritime and logistics industries.
The maritime and logistics industries are at the forefront of international trade and are exciting, dynamic and challenging industries in which to work.
Our course equips managers to develop solutions for complex issues faced by both domestic and international business activities. It provides practical and applied knowledge suitable for both higher level professional and managerial roles.
The Graduate Diploma of Maritime and Logistics Management from University of Tasmania comprises eight units which you can customise to suit your needs by choosing from the wide range of available specialist units, such as port management, supply chain management and international human resource management.
The Graduate Diploma is fully available by distance and on-campus modes of study. It is an opportunity to enhance your managerial knowledge, skills and analytical abilities to assist your career progression.
The organisations connected with the maritime and logistics industries are very diverse, including for instance large private companies, entrepreneurial start-ups and government entities.
The diversity creates many opportunities for your career progression, both globally and domestically.
For example, the maritime industry includes ports, shipping companies, stevedores and tourism and the logistics industry encompasses warehousing, road freight, air freight, freight forwarding and distribution.
Additionally, many organisations may have a primary focus on manufacturing or international business, which will necessitate that they have internal departments involved in logistics, supply chain management and international trade, creating more opportunities.
With logistics the fastest growing industry globally, there are many possibilities for you to choose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Trade
- International Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management
- Maritime Law
- Maritime Economics for Managers
- Business Logistics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEconomics Hydrology & Water Management Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 118 other Masters in Economics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree of an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution and at least two years' work experience
- A professional qualification such as a Certificate of Competency as a Master Class 1 (Unlimited) or Engineer Class 1/Chief Engineer (Unlimited) and at least two years' work experience
- A Graduate Certificate in Maritime and Logistics Management
- If a first degree or professional qualification is not held, candidates may apply to the Department of Maritime and Logistics Management for consideration of their eligibility. These applicants are assessed on their work experience, a GMAT assessment may be required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.