- established a strong understanding of a range of agricultural disciplines including crop and pasture production, animal science, horticultural science, soil science and land management, entomology and plant pathology;
- developed analytical laboratory skills appropriate to various disciplines of agricultural science;
- developed advanced skills in accessing, critically evaluating and communicating the outputs of current, peer-reviewed literature;
- developed an understanding and the skills required to structure a funding application for a research project;
- demonstrated competence in experimental design, research methods, data analysis and critical thinking, appropriate to a future career in research;
- demonstrated the ability to produce original written work, as evidenced by a research thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pasture and Animal Science
- Soil Formation, Function and Fertility
- Crop Physiology
- Animal Production Systems
- Lower Life Forms: Insects and Plant Disease
- Microbes and Man
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Natural Sciences Agriculture View 18 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The Master of Applied Science may be completed in 3 or 4 semesters depending on level of qualifications on entry, and discipline preparedness of the specific candidate.
3 Semester Prerequisites
- A Bachelor degree in a science field with a major in Agricultural Science completed to a standard of achievement that is deemed acceptable by the College.
4 Semester Prerequisites
- A Bachelor degree in a science related area, and some background (e.g. minor sequence) in Agricultural Science completed to a standard of achievement that is deemed acceptable by the College.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41988 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62983 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.