This emphasis on the governance perspective and the explicit integration of general social theoretical questions is a unique feature of the International Relations - Global Governance and Social Theory programme offered by the University of Bremen
Students at International Relations - Global Governance and Social Theory programme offered by the University of Bremen will gain knowledge in:
- Theories and Issues of Global Governance
- Changing Context of Global Governance
- Theorizing Social Order and Change
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Actors, Institutions, and Global Governance
- International History
- Modern Social Theory
- Research Design
- Transformations of the State
- Social Theory and International Relations
- Normative Theories of International Order
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory International Relations Political Science View 44 other Masters in Political Science in Germany
- A proof of a bachelor’s (or master’s) degree or its equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, or a similar area of study worth 180 credit points (CP) according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) (or equivalent).
- A transcript of undergraduate courses and grades with a GPA equivalent to 2.3 or better in the German grading system.
- An English essay explaining why they are choosing this program and what their research interests are (“letter of motivation”).
- An English summary (1,000 words) of their bachelor’s or master’s thesis.
- A current CV
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
In Bremen, there are no tuition fees. But you do have to pay a semester contribution: 386,39 euro.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.