Units in this Graduate Diploma in Infectious Diseases from The University of Western Australia have a practical emphasis enhanced by classes in the adjacent PathWest laboratories. The course is aimed at science-based and medical professionals intending to work in hospital diagnostic or research laboratories, medical clinics, government health departments and international agencies.
Career PathwaysThis degree will provide skills, expertise, knowledge and understanding, which will assist you in taking the next step in your career.
- Infectious Diseases
- Mycology and Parasitology
- Diagnostic Medical Microbiology
- Tropical, Travel and Remote Area Infectious Diseases
- Public and Environmental Health Microbiology
- Principles of Infection and Immunity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Microbiology View 8 other Masters in Microbiology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 058926G
To be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
- a relevant bachelor's degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA; and
- the equivalent of a UWA weighted average mark of at least 60 per cent in the Level 3 units; or
- at least three years of relevant full-time professional experience; or
- evidence of adequate research outputs, as recognised by UWA.
International44300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44300 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National Commonwealth supported students: $8,825.24
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.