Students participate in a professional industry project. This experience allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to industry problems. They also enhance students’ awareness of industry and provide valuable networking opportunities. A key feature of the course is the Career Success Program which aims to improve graduate employability by focusing on preparation for post-study career opportunities.
The skills attained from the program should assist graduates gaining employment in a range of industries including consulting engineering, construction, local government, and public and private infrastructure owners.
Aims and objectives
- demonstrate broad knowledge and skills in engineering professional practice and have high-level advanced knowledge and skills in an engineering specialisation
- plan and execute a team-based research project in a relevant Engineering topic by applying appropriate research principles, sound methods and technical research skills
- reflect on managing practical issues and complex problems, and describe contemporary and sustainable trends and best practices in engineering
- investigate, analyse and synthesise information relating to complex problems, concepts and theories of professional engineering practice, and to provide solutions to these problems using critical thinking and judgement
- demonstrate clear and coherent communication skills to articulate complex knowledge and justify propositions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- demonstrate a high level of autonomy, accountability, credibility, ethics, and responsibility for all personal work outputs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Technology Management
- Engineering Project Management
- Principles of Sustainability
- Opportunity Discovery
- Risk Management
- Professional Masters Career Management
- Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTechnology Management General Engineering & Technology Robotics View 221 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 085866B
The admission requirements for Master of Professional Engineering consist of:
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree
- A Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma of Engineering degree following on from a Bachelor of Engineering degree
- A qualification deemed to be equivalent to any of the above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41480 AUD per year during 24 months.
National34880 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34880 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.