You’ll learn to provide crucial, comprehensive and specialist business analysis and compelling financial narratives to inform strategic investment and business decisions. Swinburne’s emphasis on entrepreneurship and innovation is at the heart of this MPA. Our industry connections are combined with experiential learning through topical projects, case histories and expert guest speakers. You’ll graduate with a firm understanding of core knowledge and be job-ready with industry relevant skills in software such as Xero. The many electives on offer can help set you up for roles in areas such as banking, business consulting, information systems, finance, and manufacturing.
This suite of Master of Professional Accounting at the Swinburne University of Technology provides an avenue for graduates to achieve professional recognition and help fill the shortage of professionally recognised accountants. As many graduates may already be established in a business career, the key vocational outcomes may arise from better current job performance together with new opportunities opening in the accounting and finance areas.
Aims and objectives
The Master of Professional Accounting course is designed for students who wish to obtain specialised knowledge and research skills in accounting and related areas of business. Students will learn to apply advanced conceptual and practical accounting knowledge to undertake rewarding careers in accounting and related areas of business. This course also provides a pathway for further specialised learning as successful completion of the Master of Professional Accounting may qualify students for associate membership to CPA Australia, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) or provide entry to the Chartered Accountants program of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Systems and Reporting
- Company Auditing
- Managerial Accounting
- Taxation Principles and Planning
- Financial Accounting and Theory
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting and Research
- Business Modelling and Analysis
- Corporate Financial Management
- Corporations and Contract Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Accounting Econometrics View 25 other Masters in Econometrics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 067406B
- a recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline or
- a recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* or
- a Graduate Certificate of Professional Accounting** or
- completion of the Postgraduate Qualifying Program PLUS either previous Higher Education Study in a related discipline OR a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* (International applicants only)
Satisfactory completion of one of the following:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- Swinburne’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 Advanced level) with overall 70%, all skills 65%
- Or equivalent measures available at English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40200 AUD per year during 18 months.
National30600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30600 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.