Information Science is a broad, interdisciplinary field, which is relevant and applicable to all sectors. You’ll find many career opportunities across a variety of organisations that collect and process information of any kind.
Throughout your Information Science course at City, University of London you will benefit from meeting professionals already working in the field of information science, as well as those who come in to speak on our modules.
As a skilled and confident Information Science graduate with a deep understanding of information services and their relevance in society you will have the opportunity to work in organisations across the world that collect and process information.
Your career could start in:
- academic or special libraries
- research data management
- data analysis
- scientific, healthcare, business or media information services
- content and records management
- social media management
- information architecture
- information literacy training.
- City’s Information Science course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
- Library and Information Science Foundation
- Data Information Technologies and Applications
- Information Organisation
- Information Retrieval
- Information Management and Policy
- Research Methods and Communication
- Information Resources and Documentation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 234 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally hold a second-class honours degree or the equivalent from an international institution in any discipline, or have LIS related work experience.
- If you do not qualify for direct entry, you may wish to follow a Graduate Diploma pathway to the programme through one of our partners.
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time per year
- UK: £5,100
- Overseas/EU: £10,200
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.