The Master of Human Resource Management at Swinburne University of Technology is designed for high-performing students who are looking to build skills as a human resource manager. The course covers a range of topics relating to aspects of human resource management and the development of core capabilities required to lead people effectively in a rapidly changing business environment.
The course allows articulation into the Master of Human Resource Management (Advanced).
The Master of Human Resource Management forms the third stage in a four-stage nested suite of programs consisting of the Graduate Certificate of Human Resource Management, the Graduate Diploma of Human Resource Management, the Master of Human Resource Management and either the Master of Human Resource Management (Advanced) or the Master of Human Resource Management (Professional).
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of human resource management concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of human resource management within project work
4. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
5. Apply human resource management fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate human resource management methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts
6. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees
7. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Employee Relations
- Human Resource Fundamentals
- Work and Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Workplace Diversity and Inclusion
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Capital Analytics
- Leading Change
- Human Resource Consultancy Project
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 51 other Masters in Human Resource Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 092708B
- A recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline or
- A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* or
- Masters Qualifying Program or
- Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Human Resource Management
International37480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37480 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29600 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.