Become an art business expert through the in-depth exploration of art markets and management.
The Art Business programme of the Sotheby's Institute of Art provides students with the necessary theories and skills to enable them to develop both a critical and practical understanding of art business. Students are also equipped with the necessary mathematical skills to enable them to engage in sophisticated financial analysis and business planning. Graduates of this program will thus emerge with the ability to place the art object within both its aesthetic and commercial context, and to discuss the legal/ethical implications of its historical provenance and current location.
The MA in Art Business granted by the Claremont Graduate University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The first two semesters are intensively taught on three to four days per week. All students attend lectures, usually followed by a one-hour seminar. After seminars, students have access to tutors for individual instruction.
- Later in the program, specialist electives can be chosen from across all Institute Master’s programs, allowing a student to build a personalized Master’s profile.
- For the MA degree, students must complete the 60-credit dissertation in their third semester. During this final semester there is no formal teaching, with students researching their dissertation topics under the guidance of individual supervisors.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Visual Arts Management, Organisation & Leadership View 201 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic transcripts/mark sheets: from all undergraduate and post-secondary academic institutions attended. Official international transcripts must be accompanied by certified course by course credential evaluations. The evaluation will convert the grades and GPA into the United Kingdom grading scale
- Two (2) letters of reference
- A personal statement (1,000 words maximum)
- A writing sample: A graded paper of no fewer than 1,000 words from an art history or art-related course or 1,000-word original essay or mock review written for an art publication or website. Footnotes are required for any citations.
- A curriculum vitae or résumé
- An English language proficiency exam (required for all international students (EU included).
- Payment of the application fee: A nonrefundable fee of £50 (GBP) is required for the 2021 online application. Applications are not considered complete until the fee has been paid.
International27400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 GBP per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA22900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11450 GBP per semester during 12 months.
- Semester 2: 11,950 GBP
- Semester 3: 5,800 GBP
- Semester 2: 14,200 GBP
- Semester 3: 7,000 GBP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.