Tourism contributes billions of dollars to the Queensland economy and employs thousands of people.
This active local tourism environment makes the programs at the UQ Business School the ideal forum to learn about this vibrant industry, with the skills you gain applicable in Australia or anywhere in the world.
You'll benefit from UQ's extensive network of industry leaders, many of whom deliver guest lectures and share their perspectives and knowledge, and you'll have the opportunity to establish contacts for the future.
Your study also offers a range of invaluable Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities designed to help you bridge the gap between theory and practice and gain industry experience with tourism and event site visits, the investigation of case studies, and problem-based learning activities.
Program highlights of the Tourism, Hotel and Event Management program offered by the University of Queensland
- Study at one of the world's top business schools and the only Australian university to offer programs accredited by the United Nations World Tourism Organisation that promotes responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
- Advance your expertise through a range of high-level courses so you can specialise in a new field, further your existing knowledge, or explore fresh areas of interest.
- Work closely with lecturers and tutors currently involved in the industry and gain real-world, hands-on experience behind the scenes at attractions, destinations and events.
- Tourism, Hospitality & Event Service
- Disciplinary Foundations of Tourism, Hospitality & Event
- Managing Resources in Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Industry Research and Consultancy
- Visitor Management
- Marketing & Distribution Research Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 244 other Masters in Management Studies in Australia
CRICOS code: 082602F
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5; or
- A Graduate Certificate in Tourism, Hotel and Event Management from UQ (or equivalent) with a GPA of 4.5.
International44288 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44288 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.