The MSc Finance (Online) degree at University of Derby is designed to meet the growing demand for professionals within the finance sector. It gives you the flexibility to achieve a qualification recognised by the financial sectors. Partnered with the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), this course is also mapped against their formal teaching, with the option to achieve an additional qualification upon completion. Our online Finance MSc will provide you with the technical and decision-making skills necessary for a successful career in this fast-paced and highly competitive sector.
The programme offers you the option to work towards a postgraduate certificate (PG Cert), postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) or the full masters (MSc) award. Depending on your module selection, you’ll be able to tailor your studies and achieve a specialist named award (at PG Cert or MSc level) in International Finance, Investment Banking or Commodity Trading.
By acquiring this postgraduate qualification you'll be in a stronger position when applying for senior roles as a banker, finance analyst, commodity trader or financial advisor within the corporate sector and specialised financial institutions.
You'll build your academic qualifications through acquiring subject knowledge, numeracy skills and other soft skills desired by employers within the finance sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Independent Study
- Research Methods
- Commodities Trading
- Corporate Financial Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 46 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You will need one of the following qualifications:
- UK degree from any subject area or equivalent overseas qualification
- ACCA F1-F9
- CIMA Strategic Level
Entry is possible if you have HND/Level 5 and 2 years of relevant managerial experience within finance. If you have 4 years of relevant work experience without formal undergraduate qualifications you will be required to complete and pass one of the following level 6 modules: Financial Strategy; Risk Management; Strategic Management.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA9495 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP per year during 24 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.