This Health Psychology Masters degree at University of Derby degree covers the theoretical and foundation professional issues in health psychology. It provides excellent preparation for many roles within the NHS, public, private and charity sectors. And since you’ll cover the latest research in this field and undertake your own research, it will also equip you to move onto a career in health psychology research or to study for a PhD.
As well as developing core health psychology knowledge on this course, you'll have the opportunity to develop your personal, academic and professional skills. We will also give you an introduction to a range of health psychology professional competencies in areas such as teaching and training, research and consultancy.
It’s this valuable content that has enabled previous graduates to:
- complete stage two training through taught or independent routes in order to become a BPS Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) and a registered Health Psychologist with the HCPC.
- move into various roles within the NHS, such as health promotion, mental health and chronic illness management.
- gain places on clinical psychology training programmes or access other related training including CBT and IAPT.
- funded/self funded PhD’s in health psychology areas.
The level and academic credibility of this qualification has enabled many graduates to pursue other, non-psychology related graduate professions, such as teaching and management.
Accredited by the British Psychology Society (BPS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Health Promotion and Behaviour Change
- Professional Skills in Health Psychology
- Psychology of Health and Illness
- Research Project in Health Psychology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 471 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants are required normally to have at least a 2:1 Honours Degree in Psychology, which is recognised by the British Psychological Society for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC). A 2:2 Honours Degree may be accepted if the applicant has relevant work experience or can demonstrate an ability to study at Level 7 through the completion of other postgraduate study.
- If you are an international student with a degree that is not accredited by the BPS or is accredited by a different association, you can apply independently to the BPS to see if your degree can be recognised. For further information or guidance, please contact us.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4747 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4747 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9495 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.