Communication is vital to the quality of life of all populations, and audiologists play an essential role in improving hearing and wellbeing. They make a true difference to the lives of others and are in high demand due to their specialist skills.
UQ is known worldwide for the quality of its audiology graduates, the commitment of its teaching staff and its strong research focus.
This dynamic 2 year full-time Audiology Studies program from University of Queensland integrates the theoretical foundations of audiology with practical clinical skills to prepare you for a career as an audiologist. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of clinical audiology by undertaking your own research.
- Benefit from practical development of your skills through supervised clinical placements, including at UQ's Audiology Clinic.
- Study at the only university in Queensland, and one of only 6 universities in Australia, to offer a Master of Audiology Studies.
- Be in demand and job-ready for employment in the high-growth audiology and speech pathology sector.
- Learn from leaders in rehabilitation, teaching and research.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Clinical audiologist
- Clinical sales specialist
- Clinic manager
The Master of Audiology Studies is accredited by:
- Audiology Australia
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Acoustics & Psychoacoustics in Audiology
- Audiological Assessment & Clinical Practice
- Function & Disorders of the Auditory System
- Health Sciences Research Discovery
- Advanced Audiological Assessment
- Clinical Practice in Audiology
- Rehabilitative Audiology
- Health Sciences Research Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Administration View 175 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
CRICOS code: 070265F
- To be considered for enrolment, an applicant must hold a bachelor degree; study in fields such as health, humanities, education, social, physical or biological sciences is recommended.
- If the bachelor degree was completed more than 10 years prior to program commencement, an applicant must have subsequently completed within 10 years prior to commencement either a postgraduate qualification, or a minimum of 8 units / 4 courses of university level study.
- Entry is competitive based on GPA.The minimum GPA to be considered for admission into this program is 4.0. The GPA cut-off for those offered a place in 2021 was 5.75.
International49376 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49376 AUD per year during 24 months.
National30100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30100 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.