As in other branches of applied mathematics and engineering, improvements in the practice of programming require determined and meticulous application of methods of mathematical understanding, calculation and proof.
Recognising this, this full-time, twelve-month MSc has been designed to teach the mathematical principles of specification, design and efficient implementation of both software and hardware.
The Computer Science at the University of Oxford is designed to combine theory and practice. It teaches the advanced techniques and ideas that are being developed in application domains (such as graphics, visualisation, and computer security) and the rich and diverse theories that underpin them. These include models of computation and data, and mathematical analysis of programs and algorithms.
Potential graduate destinations for the MSc include:
- PhD/DPhil research
- games developer
- information systems manager
- IT consultant
- multimedia programmer
- network engineer
- systems developer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the three terms of the course, you will choose from a group of modules on various aspects of computer science. Most modules will last for one term and will be between 16 to 24 lectures.
- In addition, all modules will have problem classes and some may also have practical sessions associated with them, and the mode of assessment shall be either written assignment or written examination.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 637 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
- Official transcript(s)
- Statement of purpose/personal statement: A maximum of 1,000 words
- Written work: Two essays of a maximum of 2,000 words each or one essay of a maximum of 4,000 words
- References/letters of recommendation: Three overall, generally academic
International29160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29160 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA12830 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12830 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.